Sunday, February 1, 2009

First Meeting with Walt

I met Wally on my first visit to Cincinnati in 1976. I was introduced to him during the day at 2300 Montana. He looked every bit an ex IBMer, as was I, but what came shining through immediately was his warmth and friendliness to me, a stranger. Later that day he invited those of us from Europe to join him and friends "for a few shooters" at the Blind Lemon in Mt. Adams.
That was my first experience of a man who it seemed lived to enjoy life and make sure that others did too. He never hesitated to befriend anybody who came his way, and was always the first to offer help at work or play. Over my "Cincinnati years" I was priviliged to meet a lot of good friends, do a lot of "shooters" and enjoy a lot of memorable times with Wally. The world would be a better place with more Wally Muirs. Although he may be gone, he will never be forgotten. Robin Adair, Sarasota, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment