Thursday, February 5, 2009

Walt-Simply The Best!

I met Walt in January 1973 at the Victory Parkway offices shortly after joining Cincom. His professionalism and gregarious nature were second to none. He welcomed me to Cincom and then invited me to the Blind Lemon.

Several years later at Cincom we had an opportunity to work together and in that setting, he mentored to our group and shared his experiences. On various occasions we would have an off site meeting, which usually lasted most of the day and turned into dinner. Walt would always pick up the tab. Once you were a friend of Walt's, you were a friend forever. He was the best!

Approximately seven or eight years ago, I met Walt for a drink in Long Beach, Ca. and it was like no time had passed. The same kind hearted, giving, sincere person I knew during my Cincom years. He was always concerned about you. I know the Good Lord will have a very special place for him in his kingdom.

Rick Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment